Sunday, March 9, 2008

Credit Sharks

Today was week 6 in Financial Peace University! Credit card sharks! Yikes! We all know they bite us, well, today we learned how to bite back!

March is our first official month being on our budget. So far, so good. We are getting real close in maxing out our "Restuarant/Eating Out" fund. The kids will hate us for a few weeks. "Mom!! We want Wendy's!!!"

I have become very aware of my spending habits lately. I gave up my $100 hair appointment yesterday! That was very tough to do. Fridays are "Shanele" mornings - Paul takes the kids to school instead of myself. So, on "Shanele" mornings, I treat myself to a Skinny Vanilla Latte venti size with a low-fat blueberry muffin. That didn't happen this past Friday. I treated myself on the way to Wednesday night class at church. I couldn't bring myself spending $6.47 two days after I was there a few nights before. I love what Dave has done to my brain!

1 comment:

cltgrace said...

Looking for your party post~ Welcome to the blog party! Now that you're here, let's get this party started! There are so many blogs to visit & friends to meet. What a pleasure!

Peek in on us at GraceFULL Days & say hi before you go! Skip over the Vicks Caring Tributes & vote for my Gracie Cakes story as one of their finalists~ Thanks in advance. http://videos.vickscaringtributes.com/videos/index.html

GraceFULL blessing to you & yours~

Carmen

http://gracefulldays.blogspot.com